- Viva Metrotech FAQ
- FAQ about the class:
- How long does the Locator Class last?
- The Class is an 8 Hr. class for 10 students or less. For 10 or more a 2nd day is required.
- Is Locator Training required under California law?
- Yes, annual retesting is required under California Code of Regulations, Title 8, Section 1541, Subchapter 4. Construction Safety Orders Article 6. Excavations D.
- What standard or level does the TCS Locator Class training meet?
- Common Ground Alliance (CGA) Best Practices, Version 3.0, published March 2006, 4-5 Locator training (listed in CCR Title 8, Section 1541, Subchapter 4. Construction Safety Orders Article 6. Excavations D.)
- Does a student receive a certificate or wallet card upon successful completion of the Locator class?
- Upon passing the written and hands-on evaluation, a wallet card will be sent to the student
- Does an 8HR Locator Class qualify a person to be an Independent Locator in the field?
- No, an 8HR Locator Class will provide a basic history, theory and use of locating equipment. It will allow a student a chance to perform a number of different ways to use locating equipment. The student should still work in the field with a mentor until the student and mentor agree the student is ready to locate independently. The Class does meet the CGA Best Practices, Version 3.0 published March 2006 4-5 requirements.
Resources and Articles
- USA North
- USA South
- Common Ground Alliance
- California Government Code
- Code of California Regulations
- Code of Federal Regulations
- Compliance Services, Inc. – Andy Bradfield
- Instrument Technology Corporation – Stan Dubois
- One Call and State Law Directory
- CGA Glossary of Terms and Definitions
- CGA Best Practices 12.0
- CA Government Code Section 4216-4216.9
- Delineation Guide
- Color Code Guide